LIVE VIDEO: WZZM 13 News    Watch

Man survives meth explosion in home

10:06 AM, Jan 28, 2013   |    comments
AP graphic
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

PORTAGE, Mich. (WZZM) - A man survived a meth lab explosion at a home over night.

The Portage Department of Public Safety was called just after midnight to the Wendy's at S. Westnedge and Van Hoesen where a man came into the restaurant with burns on his hands.  About the same time, a resident in the 500 block of West Van Hoesen called to report an explosion.

Officers found a badly damaged home at 514 W. Van Hoesen.  The front porch wall had been blown off and the windows had been blown out.  Neighbors reported seeing several people leave the home on foot after the explosion.

The man who showed up at Wendy's with the burns admitted to cooking methamphetamine at the home when the explosion occured.  He was taken to the hospital with undisclosed injuries.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Portage Department of Public Safety at 329-4567 or Silent Observer at 343-2100, .

Most Viewed Articles

Most Watched Videos