GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) -- Not many communities and school districts held elections Tuesday, but those that did saw voters decide key funding issues.
- Lowell Area Schools held a vote to decide whether it would see a millage increase for a building and site sinking fund. Money would be used to build and repair school buildings, and to purchase new property. The measure failed on a 741 - 650 vote.
- A measure to renew the operating millage for Fremont Public Schools passed 1,656 - 587.
- An operating millage proposal for the Mason County Central School District passed on a 242 - 218 vote.
- A measure to annex the Free Soil Community School District to the Mason County Eastern District passed, 133 - 8.
- An effort to increase Free Soil Township's road improvement millage passed, 66 - 50.
- A $12.5 million bond issue for Lakeview Community Schools passed on a 691 - 599 vote.
- A measure to renew Montabella Community Schools' operating millage passed, 255 - 73. Voters also approved a building and site sinking fund millage for the district, 225 - 101.
- Voters in the Hart Public School district rejected an request for a $7 million bond issue to fund renovations to the high school. The final vote was 831 no, 390 yes.
Results from Allegan County races had not been posted to the county website by 11 p.m.