Children playing with a lighter start house fire in Manistee

11:38 AM, Apr 29, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +
From Manistee Police Dept.

MANISTEE, Mich. (WZZM) - Crews spent several hours Sunday night and Monday morning fighting a house fire in Manistee.

Crews responded to the fire in the 200 block of  St. Mary's Parkway at about 9:00pm and found the building in flames.  Shortly after police crews arrived, there was a "flashover" and the entire front of the house went up in flames.

Watch the attached video from Manistee Police for the flashover which happens about two minutes in.

No one was hurt in the fire.  The owner of the home told police that her two children were playing with a lighter in the bedroom and started the fire.  The children confirmed this to police.

Crews were on the scene until about 2:30am.

Most Viewed Articles

Most Watched Videos