Grand Rapids Restaurant Week: Korean Style Beef Short Ribs
4 lbs Sobies Meat beef short ribs, French cut
1. On flat-top grill sear beef short ribs until browned on both sides. Place in a deep enough roasting pan to cover the ribs with the sauce (recipe below).
2 cups root beer
2 cup ketchup
1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
½ cup honey
½ cup garlic, minced
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
To taste salt and pepper
2. Place all "sauce" ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
3. Pour over short ribs, cover with aluminum foil.
4. Place in 375 °F oven and braise for 2 hours.
5. Check ribs for doneness and take out, let cool.
6. Thicken sauce if necessary and cool.
1. Serve family style with sauce on either on top of ribs or on the side.
Garnish with fried matchstick potatoes.
Recipe from Werner Absenger: Executive Chef at Cygnus 27
For more information on Grand Rapids Restaurant Week: www.RestaurantWeekGR.com