Pumpkin Bisque with Lump Crab, Crispy Bacon, Sourdough Crouton and Chives
The Pier Restaurant, Taste of Harbor Springs recipe
• 12 oz Pumpkin puree
• 6 ounces heavy cream
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 1 clove garlic chopped
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• ¼ cup brown sugar
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Cognac to taste
• Lump crab
• Bacon cooked and chopped
• Sourdough croutons
• Chopped chives
1. Heat butter and cook onion till clear.
2. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
3. Add pumpkin and cream and wisk together.
4. Add thyme, sugar, salt and pepper.
5. Simmer 25 minutes.
6. Add cognac to taste and adjust seasonings.
7. Transfer to soup bowl.
8. Garnish with lump crab, bacon, croutons, and chives.
20th Annual Taste of Harbor Springs, Saturday, Sept 21
• Held on the Waterfront in downtown Harbor Springs, next to the city marina
• Entry includes:
Commemorative wine glass and two drink tickets
Unlimited food tastes
• Tickets are $25 in advance, $35 at door
Also a fundraiser helping to provide scholarships for local culinary students & businesses
• Suggest purchasing in advance if you are going to make the trip to Harbor Springs for the festival as they do often sell out, can buy through www.harborspringschamber.com/taste-of-harbor-springs-276/#.UhZefePD-Uk
For more information on Stafford's Pier Restaurant, visit www.staffords.com/pier