Grand Rapids (WZZM) - When you have to rush out of the house for work, many times you don't have time to make a lunch to take with you.
So for a quick and easy meal that is great for a hectic day, how about try a salad in a jar?
Amy Bragagnini with Mercy Health Saint Mary's shows you how to prepare the dish that only needs a couple of shakes and its ready to eat.
Click on the video link to watch the segment. The recipe for the Salad in a Jar is below.
- Mixed Greens
- Fresh Mushrooms
- Red Onion, sliced
- Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
- Quinoa, prepared
- Salad Dressing
- Jar with a lid
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Old Orchard 100% apple juice
- 3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp. of honey
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
1. Mix all dressing ingredients together in a food processor until well combined.
2. Place a couple of spoonfuls of dressing in the bottom of the jar.
3. Layer mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and quinoa over top.
4. Add mixed greens to fill the jar.
5. Refrigerate until ready to eat; then simply shake the jar and pour contents onto a plate or bowl.