Dog saved from Battle Creek house fire

BATTLE CREEK, MICH. - A 9-year-old American Pitbull Terrier was revived after firefighters from four departments were called to a house fire Thursday.

Firefighters worked for about 45 minutes after finding the dog, Chuy, unconscious inside the house at 804 Graham Lake Terrace.

Firefighters from Leroy Township were called just before 5:25 p.m. and found heavy smoke in the basement, according to Assistant Fire Chief Marvin Tenbrink.

The owner of the home, John Petter, and his girlfriend were working and Tenbrink said the it may be likely the house was burning for sometime before it was discovered by a neighbor because fire burned through a portion of the kitchen floor. 

Firefighters from Newton and Emmett townships and Athens assisted.

►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.

© 2017 Battle Creek Enquirer


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment