Grand Rapids (WZZM) - A dangerous virus has recently been identified in dogs in Michigan.
The MSU Center for Population and Animal Health found canine Circovirus in samples from two dogs.
Veterinarians in Ann Arbor believe at least four dogs died after being infected with the virus.
So what do you as a pet owner need to know? Dr. Kristopher Sharpe is an internal medicine specialist at Bluepearl Veterinary Services in Grand Rapids.
Click on the video link to watch the interview. Click here to learn more about Bluepearl. Click here to learn more about Circovirus.