Police: Big win at dice precedes armed robbery

BATTLE CREEK, MICH. - Two men were arrested after a Battle Creek man, 23, said he was robbed at gunpoint early Thursday.

The man called Battle Creek police at 2:57 a.m. and said he had been gambling with dice with a friend, 21, and that another man, 17, was also in the house in the 300 block of Parkway Drive.

The victim said he won between $1,200 and $1,300 from his friend, who then left in a silver car. The teenager stayed and then about 10 minutes later the car returned and another man, 21, came in and said the teenager should leave with him.

The teen said no and the other man left. A couple minutes later two men came into the house. They were wearing masks made from T-shirts and one had a gun which he pointed at the victim and demanded money. The victim recognized the man with the gun as a 19-year-old he knew but told the police he didn't know the other man.

The gunman continued to demand money and the victim gave him the winnings from gambling. The gunman wanted more money but the victim said he didn’t have any and began to back up until he reached the kitchen and ran out a back door. The two robbers fled out the front.

Police went to a home on Roosevelt Avenue and saw the same car with four men, including the man identified as the gunman and the man who had lost the cash who was driving the car.

After questioning by detectives two men, identified as the driver of the car and the gunman, were arrested and two were released.

Police said they recovered the amount of money reported stolen from the victim.

►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.

Have a news tip? Email news@wzzm13.com, visit our Facebook page or Twitter.

© 2017 Battle Creek Enquirer


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment