Four safe after Newaygo County house fire

NEWAYGO COUNTY, Mich. (WZZM) -- Four people are safe after escaping a late night house fire.

It broke out around 10:10 Thursday night on E 112th Street between the towns of Sand Lake and Grant.

Sand Lake firefighters say when they arrived on the scene, the home was fully engulfed in flames. They were able to contain the fire to the bedroom and the living room. However, the home took plenty of fire, heat and smoke damage.

The homeowner told firefighters that the fire may have started because of a candle that was left burning in the bedroom. Fire marshals have not yet determined an official cause for the fire.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment