GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. - Now that the snow has arrived, it's time to prepare for the long haul.
The city of Grand Rapids has released a six-page guide of detailed tips and rules to help residents prepare for the rest of the winter season, according to a news release.
The Winter Preparedness Brief, created by the city of Grand Rapids and its 311 Customer Service Center, provides readers with the most frequently sought after winter-related information including:
- holiday refuse and recycling collection delay dates
- hours of Butterworth Soft Yard Waste Drop Off Site
- proper storage and placement of Refuse and Recycling Carts
- snow plowing operation information
- sidewalk snow and ice clearing regulations
- odd-even and same-side parking instruction
- adopt a hydrant
- Christmas Tree Recycling, and much more.
This is the second year the brief has been published. According to 311 Customer Service Center Manager Becky Jo Glover, the brief is a "proactive" measure to best serve city residents.
The Winter Preparedness Brief is available to download in English and Spanish on the city of Grand Rapids website.
Residents wanting additional information or answers to city service-related questions throughout the year are encouraged to call 311 or 616-456-3000.
(© 2017 WZZM)