Fire damages Grand Rapids home; dog killed

GRAND RAPIDS, (WZZM) - Grand Rapids firefighters say they had a difficult time putting out a house fire on the city's northeast side Saturday night. The fire started around 7:00 p.m. at a home in the 200 block of Alten Avenue.

Authorities believe the fire was caused by contractors working to melt ice around the home's foundation.
The owners were not home when the fire started, however the family's dog did not survive.

The damage to the home was significant, but firefighters say it is not a total loss.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment