KENTWOOD, Mich. (WZZM) -- Crews are trying to figure out what sparked an overnight duplex fire.
Dispatchers received a call around 2 a.m. Thursday about flames coming out of the back of the home on Kimball Avenue SE near 2nd Street and Kalamazoo Avenue.
A neighbor saw the fire and smoke coming out of the home and called 911.
Firefighters were able to put the fire out in about 20 minutes. The home sustained heavy damage.
Investigators tell us no one was home when the fire broke out and no one was hurt.