Teen overdoses on drug through e-cigarette

AMBER TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- A 19-year-old Baldwin man is in critical condition after reportedly overdosing on a drug through an e-cigarette.

The man reportedly overdosed after inhaling synthetic marijuana according to the Mason County Sheriff's Office. The man was flown to Spectrum Health in Grand Rapids for treatment.

The Sheriff told WZZM 13 the man's e-cigarette vapor juice, which was a product called Darth Vapor, tested positive for synthetic cannibis. They're awaiting test results on a sterile container of vapor juice to try determining whether the man added something to the product.

Sheriff Kim Cole says the problem is growing in Mason County.

"We've had four confirmed overdoses or poisonings -- whichever one you want to call it -- of individuals...all teenagers," said Cole. "It is deadly; people need to understand these will kill you."

During the investigation, a 16-year-old male from Free Soil was taken to juvenile court for possession of drug paraphernalia and a long gun.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment