CALEDONIA, MICH. (AP) - A construction company worker has been electrocuted at a job site southeast of Grand Rapids in western Michigan.
The Kent County sheriff's office says 37-year-old Michael Dieleman was part of a crew installing a driveway about 10 a.m. Thursday in Caledonia when a pole he was holding touched a power line and a metal ground stake.
Dieleman, of Byron Township, later died at a hospital. He was working for a company owned by his father.
The sheriff's office is working with Consumer's Energy and the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration on the investigation.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.