DOWAGIAC, MICH. - Authorities say a 46-year-old man accidentally set himself on fire while trying to exterminate bees in an underground hive in southwestern Michigan.
The Cass County sheriff's department says a neighbor was able to put out the fire by the time authorities arrived Wednesday at the injured man's home in the Dowagiac area.
The man was airlifted to a hospital in Kalamazoo for treatment. Details about his condition weren't immediately released.
The accident is under investigation.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.
© 2018 Associated Press