DETROIT - The Tigers are taking on the Los Angeles Angels on Wednesday, June 7. But more important than the game itself is the occasion the Tigers are commemorating.
The team will be raising money and awareness for the National Law Enforcement Museum which is being built right now in Washington D.C.
They'll also be honoring the seven officers killed in Michigan in 2016.
- Branch County Sheriff's Deputy Michael Winter, killed in May
- Detroit Police Sergeant Kevin Miller, killed in June
- Berrien County bailiff Ronald Kienzle, killed in July
- Berrien County bailiff Joseph Zangaro, killed in July
- Detroit Police Sergeant Kenneth Steil, killed in September
- Detroit Police Officer Myron Jarrett, killed in October
- Wayne State University Police Sergeant Collin Rose, killed in November
First pitch is at 7:10 p.m. Tickets are still available.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.
© 2018 WZZM-TV