2 injured after gas leak leads to fire in home

2 injured in Muskegon house fire

MUSKEGON, MICH. - A gas leak from a mini bike helped feed a fire that injured two people in a Muskegon house on Tuesday afternoon.  

The fire started around 4:40 p.m. at the multi-family home on Monroe Ave. near 3rd St.

Investigators say a 31-year-old man and 33-year-old woman were the only people home at the time.  They both are suffered smoke inhalation and burns.

Muskegon Captain Shawn Bride says the couple brought the mini bike inside the home, but it had a gas leak. The fumes from the gas ignited causing the fire.  Fire investigators are still trying to determine what sparked the fire.  

The home suffered significant damage.  Bride says this is a good example of why people should never bring gas inside a home.

(© 2016 WZZM)


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment