MUSKEGON, MICH. - One person is dead as police begin their investigation into a double shooting in Muskegon.
Police placed a sheet to cover up the body of a man, reports WZZM 13's Jon Mills. It's believed he is the driver of a vehicle that was shot at by another passing vehicle.
A woman also was hurt.
The shootings happened around 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 21, in the neighborhood near Holbrook Avenue and Peck Street. A witness said he heard seven shots and watched paramedics helping two people.
A relative told WZZM 13's Phil Dawson the young man shot to death was just a 19-year -old boy trying to get his life together.
They say the victim was nicknamed "Lil Man." He was driving a car with 3 passengers when it was hit by gunfire many times.
The witness adds the shooting appeared to have happened inside a car driving north on Peck Street, driving out of Muskegon Heights. Muskegon Heights and Muskegon police are at the scene.
CPR had been given to one patient, while the other victim reportedly is considered priority two, which is not of the highest urgency, according to dispatch reports.
No suspect information has been provided by police.
Peck Street is closed south of Laketon Avenue.
(© 2016 WZZM)