GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. - On Saturday, Sept. 24, the Michigan Asian Pacific American Affairs Commission is hosting a free open house forum to discuss bullying and how to build self-esteem.
The forum will be held at the Kent ISD Education Service Center at 2930 Knapp Drive in Grand Rapids. Students and parents are invited to come discuss the reality of bullying and hear from speakers on the topic.
Those speakers include:
- Dr. Steven Robbins, Diversity & Inclusion Expert
- Bushra Alawie, #ActToChange, public awareness campaign to empower students, families and educators on bullying and cyberbullying
- Melissa Kiesewetter, Anti-bullying specialist from the Michigan Dept. of Civil Rights
- Suzy Khouzy, OK2SAY, Michigan program to report criminal activities and potential harm directed at students, educators and schools
- Rod Conrad, Social Worker and School Therapist
The event begins at 1 p.m. and runs until 4 p.m.
You have until Tuesday, Sept. 20 to RSVP by emailing to Denise Yee Grim at email@example.com.
(© 2016 WZZM)