ALLEGAN, MICH. - People can help local families with basic needs during the "Stuff the Bus" food drive. Food, personal care items and cash collected in the drive will go directly to food pantries.
Food pantry donations typically decrease during the summer months, since children who receive school breakfasts and lunches through the National School Lunch Program depend on their families for all three meals.
"Stuff the Bus" aims to help the food pantries keep their shelves stocked during these critical summer months.
Here's a list of donation sites:
- Sav-a-Lot (Allegan): Allegan United Methodist Church
- Village Market (Allegan): Allegan County Food Pantry & Vine at Christ Community Church
- Hamilton Food Center (Hamilton): Diamond Springs Wesleyan Church & Hungry for Christ
- DeMond's Super Valu (Douglas): Christian Neighbors Douglas
- Wagoner's (Fennville): Love INC – Pullman & Ladders of Hope
- Dick's Market (Dorr): Project Hope & Epiphany Lutheran Church
- Harding's (Wayland): Christian Neighbors Wayland
- Harding's (Otsego): Christian Neighbors Plainwell
- Harding's (Plainwell): Martin United Methodist Church & St. Vincent DePaul
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.
© 2018 WZZM-TV