Pioneer Home Crafters, located at 2621 S. Getty in Muskegon Heights
MUSKEGON HEIGHTS, Mich. (WZZM) - A lakeshore business is heavily damaged following a fire Thursday afternoon.
Employees reported smelling smoke around 3:45 p.m. at Pioneer Home Crafters, located at 2621 S. Getty in Muskegon Heights.
Employees tell WZZM 13 an exhaust fan that was being used to blow paint fumes out of the shop may have overheated and caught nearby mattresses on fire.
Firefighters from Muskegon Heights and Norton Shores are on the scene, working to extinguish flames in both the office and shop.
Police have closed Getty Street from Broadway to Sherman. No one was injured.