GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) -- Many communities are limiting the use of fireworks to national holidays, and the day before and after those special days.
That means it will be legal to light those exploding fireworks on Tuesday, July 3.
The American Red Cross offers advice for the safe use of fireworks:
- Never give fireworks to small children
- Always follow the instructions
- Keep a supply of water close by, whether it's a bucket of water or a hose
- If you're the one lighting the fireworks, always wear eye protection
- Light only one firework at a time
- Never try to relight a dud
- Never throw or point fireworks toward people, animals, cars or buildings