• Smartphones are quickly becoming the tool of choice for mobile moms who want to make the most of their back-to-school budgets.
• According to a new Nielsen survey, 79 percent of U.S. smartphone and tablet owners have used their mobile devices for shopping-related activities. With the help of their smartphones:
• 73 percent locate stores
• 62 percent check prices
• 57 percent research items before purchase
• Free apps, available on Apple and Android devices to help with shopping experience include:
• Local Sales and Deals Shopping: Using your smartphone's GPS, this app locates the sales at your favorite local stores.
• Shop Savvy: With the smartphone's camera, you can scan barcodes to find the best price, search for deals and save money.
• Discount and tax calculator: Use this app to estimate ahead of time how much items will cost and how much will be saved during a sale.
• Car Finder: After a long day of shopping, use this app to help you find your car in the crowded parking lot.
• ShopKick: Awards shoppers points for different behaviors like going into a dressing room, used at retailers like Old Navy and American Eagle Outfitters
• The devices also allow students to try on outfits and send the looks to their friends for approval before they buy.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
• The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) features power and portability with its 4G LTE connectivity and 7-inch display making mobile entertainment easy
• 4G LTE - Customers can expect fast download speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas
• Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich - Support for Google Mobile™ Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™, Google Maps™ and access to more than 600,000 apps available to download from Google™ Play Store
• 3.2-megapixel rear-facing camera and VGA front-facing camera for video chat
• 1.2 GHz dual-core application processor
• Bluetooth® 4.0 technology
• Multiple video file formats supported, including DivX and XviD support
• Wi-Fi® Connectivity (802.11 b/g/n)
• 8 GB internal memory with support for up to 64 GB microSD™ card
• At just 8.99 mm, the RAZR MAXX is the longest-lasting smartphone on the block and still impossibly thin.
• Customers can have a smartphone with the endurance to talk on the phone for more than 21 hours straight on a single charge.
• Equipped with the same great features as the original DROID RAZR, customers can expect to rip through the Web at blazing speeds with a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor and Verizon Wireless 4G LTE.
• 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with 1080p HD video capture and image stabilization technology for crisp and clear videos
• Front-facing HD camera for video chat over 4G LTE, 3G or Wi-Fi
• 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot capable - customers can share 4G LTE speed with up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices
• Remote wipe, pin lock and government-grade encryption for email, calendar and contacts, as well as voice and video chat conferencing
• 32 GB memory - 16 GB on-board memory and 16 GB microSD™ card pre-installed (actual formatted capacity is less)
Samsung Galaxy S III
• Galaxy S III customers can use Share Shot to create their own temporary photo sharing network with a group of friends who are nearby at the same party or event. Photos can be taken by any member of the group and shared with the entire group.
• One touch sharing with S Beam allows friends to share pictures, videos, documents and more by simply touching two Galaxy S III devices' backs together.
• Smart Stay - So intelligent, the display only dims when the customers' eyes are closed or no longer facing the screen.
• S Voice™ - Featuring natural language recognition, you can control the apps and services used most with words instead of touch. Use S Voice to turn the volume up or down on the music player, answer or reject incoming calls, shut off or choose to snooze the alarm clock, or take a picture by saying "smile" or "cheese."
• AllShare® Play - Share HD videos and your favorite songs by streaming multimedia content from the Galaxy S III to a compatible Samsung Smart TV® or home audio system when connected to the same Wi-Fi network, and remotely access files on up to six Samsung devices.
• Evolved camera capabilities - Burst Shot mode instantly captures 20 continuous shots and Best Photo feature selects the best shot to display.
• Enhanced camera - 8-megapixel rear camera with zero-lag shutter speed and a 1.9-megapixel front camera so customers can capture pictures and videos of themselves or video chat with family and friends.
• Mobile Hotspot - share a 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
• microSD™ card slot for expandable memory
• Usage Allowances - Families or individuals can control wireless budgets with monthly usage allowances on each controlled line for voice minutes, messaging, data and content purchases such as ringtones, games and downloads. They'll receive free text message alerts when limits are nearing and when they are reached. Once the allowance is reached, there is also an option to restrict usage.
• Time Restrictions - Parents can set times of the day or days of the week - such as school hours or late at night - to prevent family members from calling, messaging or accessing data. Trusted contacts can always communicate.
• Blocked Contacts - Customers can block communications with unwanted contacts.
• Trusted Contacts - Customers can always allow communications with trusted contacts, even with Usage Controls restrictions. Calls to 9-1-1 are always trusted.
• Notification - Account owners receive an automatic text message when a line on their account assigned to Usage Controls makes an emergency 9-1-1 call.
• Encourage your child to "Take a break" from the online interaction rather than retaliating immediately.
• In addition to Usage Controls, Verizon Wireless offers several tools and services to help families stay in control of their wireless experience, including age-appropriate Content Filters and Service Blocks, which are available without charge. Parents can learn more at www.verizonwireless.com/usagecontrols