You will need:
2 containers (cups or bowls), stirring device (spoon), water, liquid corn starch (found with laundry items), glue (school type), glow in the dark liquids such as glow in the dark glue or paint, black light (optional to going into dark room)
Now try this:
1. Place liquid starch into 1st container.
2. Place glue into 2nd container, add an equal amount of water and glow in the dark liquid and mix well. For a change in color, add food coloring to this container.
3. Add the 1st container into the second container and mix just a few times. Allow mixture to rest for at least five minutes (very important).
4. Now mix again, this time extremely well. Allow the mixture to rest for five minutes again.
5. Now you are ready to place this amazing concoction in your hands. It is a bit like slime or silly putty. See how it stretches. Make it into a ball.
6. How would you describe your new concoction? Is it a solid or is it a liquid?
7. Now turn off the lights and/or utilize a black light and see your slime glow!!
Explanation:This concoction is commonly referred to as slime. I put it into the category of slime or silly putty. It is a substance that can not clearly be classified as a solid or a liquid because it has properties of both. Like a solid this substance can be made into a ball and you can break it apart. Like a liquid it will hold the shape of a container and it will pour (very slowly). Phosphorescent material contain material that absorbs energy and then relatively slowly releases it in the form of light.