It has been estimated that 4 million people expect to get engaged on Valentine's Day. And it should come as no surprise that one of the first things brides-to-be do (besides get their nails done) is try on wedding dresses.
• Give yourself at least 3-4 months to shop and plan to buy at least 4 months before your wedding.
• It usually takes 2-4 months to receive a gown after it has been ordered, so back your dates our, accordingly.
• Allow for a few rounds of alterations, which could take up to 2 months.
• Not required, but recommended to make sure you receive the utmost attention during what can be a really overwhelming process.
• For a more leisurely appointment, book an afternoon, mid-week appointment.
• Don't go it alone, but keep your group to a minimum to avoid too many opinions. One or two people should be your limit.
• Have a budget in mind and remember alterations can be expensive so factor that in. Make sure you vocalize your price range to your bridal consultant.
• Have a sense of your wedding vision before shopping (night wedding, beach wedding, church wedding, etc.) and combine that with your personal style to narrow down your choices.
• Browse the internet and bring photos when shopping so there's a frame of reference of what you are looking for.
• Keep an open mind and try gowns that are not on your list. Gowns look very different on a person than on a hanger. You never know what you may like and what will flatter you.
• Buy a dress that fits "now". Even if you plan on losing weight, don't buy a dress that is smaller than your current size. It can always be altered to fit you.
• Keep your bridal party mind when shopping for your dress and it'll be their turn soon.
Locally, Alfred Angelo is located on 28th Street. You can visit www.alfredangelo.com or call (616) 214-4998 for more information.