HUDSONVILLE, Mich. (WZZM) -- Fire crews from Hudsonville and Georgetown Township say a gas leak in a garage sparked a fire.
The Homeowner told firefighters that he was fixing a gas leak in the garage when the gas spread under the car; while he was walking out of the garage, he heard an explosion.
When fire crews arrived on scene in the 5100 block of 36th Avenue Thursday night, 30 foot flames were shooting through the roof.
It only took about 15 minutes to put the fire out but the garage and the car inside are a complete loss. There is some damage to the back of the home but everyone is safe.