Tulip Time 2014 Tickets on Sale November 5th
Tickets for Bill Cosby's two shows, as well as the entire Tulip Time entertainment line-up for 2014, go on sale November 5, 2013.
The staff at Tulip Time will be decked out in their '80's sweaters' to celebrate the selling of Bill Cosby show tickets. "We've had a tremendous amount of interest expressed since we made the entertainment line-up announcement on October 10," explains Gwen Auwerda, executive director. "We're expecting our office to be buzzing Tuesday!"
The Tulip Time entertainment program for 2014 builds on last year's variety with legendary comedian Bill Cosby, the hilarious improvisational antics of The Second City, the high-flying Bangarang Circus, musical performances by amazing New Odyssey, FiddleFire's contemporary folk, The Killer Bs featuring the biggest hits of Billy Joel, The Beatles and Barry Manilow, and the industrial style of Vocal Trash.
The local art and culture performances include The Windmill Chorus, Civic Theatre's Welcome to Mitford, An Evening with Cole Porter presented by the Holland Chorale, That's Entertainment by the Evergreen Chorale, Dutch Celebration, Tulip Time Salute, Vocal Dimensions' Wooden Shoe-Be-Doo, and performing for the first time at the festival, The West Michigan Flute Orchestra featuring guest artists with most unusual instruments including 12-foot alpenhorns!
Join the Dance at Tulip Time May 3 - 10, 2014. Detailed program and event information for the coming festival is available at www.tuliptime.com.Tickets for all shows go on sale November 5, 2013. Tickets can be purchased online at www.tuliptime.com, in person at the Tulip Time Box Office located at 74 West 8th Street, Holland, or by calling 800-822-2770.
de Boer's Balkenbrij (Liverwurst)
2 lbs beef liver or pork liver
2 lbs beef heart or pork heart
2 lbs pork roast
10-12 cups broth (reserved from cooking may have to add some water)
6-7 cups buckwheat flour
salt & pepper and a secret ingredient
- Trim and cook liver in separate kettle, keep broth
- Remove veins
- Trim fat and veins from heart, cook, keep broth
- Trim fat from roast and cook , keep broth
- When all meats are cooked, put through food grinder using coarse cutter
- Put all ground meat in 8 quart kettle, add salt & pepper
- Bring to boil, add buckwheat flour a little at a time to mix well
- Mixture becomes very thick
- Spoon into 4-5 loaf pans
- Refrigerate or freeze.
Slice thick butter a pan and brown both sides until crisp.
Serve on white bread or with maple syrup.
de Boer's Suikerbrood (sugar bread)
1 frozen white un-baked bread or any white bread recipe
4 oz sugar cubes
2 oz Cinnamon
- Thaw bread to room temperature or when fresh bread has risen once
- pour cinnamon on top
- pour sugar cubes on top
- Using a bench knife chop cinnamon and cubes through bread
- Kneed into a loaf let rise to inch above pan
- Bake in oven @ 365 degrees for 20-30 minutes based on size of loaf.
Butter on both sides fry in frying pan done when golden brown (Delicious!)