UNIVERSITY HEIGHTS, OHIO - Junior receiver Grant Perry is back with the Wolverines, despite having four charges remaining, including two for criminal sexual conduct.
Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh confirmed that Friday night after mentioning that Perry would be one of the receivers in the mix this fall.
"He's back working out with the team," Harbaugh said following the Michigan coaches' satellite camp at John Carroll University.
Harbaugh said Perry will be with the Wolverines in fall camp but said he didn't think Perry's case was resolved yet.
The case has continued to move through the courts, beginning in East Lansing's district court before moving to Ingham County Circuit Court in March.
There was a trial date set for mid-May but it was adjourned and now he is scheduled for a July 17 trial in front of Judge Joyce Draganchuk.
Perry, 20, faces four charges from an alleged incident outside of an East Lansing bar on Oct. 15, 2016.
The charges that came down on Dec. 22 last year: two misdemeanors for fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct for inappropriately touching a woman, a felony for resisting/avoiding arrest as an officer was injured as Perry evaded the arrest and a minor in possession of alcohol.
U-M suspended him at the time of the alleged incident in October for a few weeks but he returned for the end of the regular season, playing against Ohio State. He was then suspended again when he was charged and did not participate in the Orange Bowl or spring practice. Michigan's statement in December was that he would remain suspended until his court case was resolved.
He will be Michigan's leading returning receiver with 23 career catches.
When discussing the deep receiving corps, Harbaugh said, "Grant Perry is an outstanding football player."
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.
© 2017 Detroit Free Press