What is a Local Treasure?
- A Local Treasure is a locally owned business or organization that has brought something special to your life.
- It could be your favorite ice cream shop, bookstore, or coffee joint. The museum you go to with your kids or the place you take your car for repair. It is the place you tell your friends about and the place you take out-of-town guests to visit.
- A Local Treasure is one of a kind. And it contributes to your quality of life and to our community in a meaningful way.
Why buy local?
- Locally owned businesses are unique to our community. They create character and prosperity.
- When owners live within a community, they are directly impacted by the decisions they make and they invest in our community.
- 73% more money stays in our community when you buy local.
- On average, locally owned businesses donate 350% more than national and global businesses.
- A small shift towards local creates jobs! Locally owned businesses are the largest employers in the United States, so shifting $1 in $10 currently spent at chains toward local businesses will create $140 million in new economic impact and 1,600 jobs.
For more information: