(WZZM, JAMIE PAQUIN) -- Nothing better than digging into a warm, spicy dish to make you feel better on a cold winter day. Chef Jamie Paquin came to the WZZM13 studios to show us how to make Pork Paillard and Jalapeno Spaetzel.
Pork Paillard and Jalepeno Spaetzel
Black Pepper Spaetzel
1 cup a/p flour
½ tsp ground pepper
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ cup milk
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. In another mixing bowl, combine the eggs and milk.
2. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture. Combine until dough comes together.
3. Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Using a colander, run the dough through into the boiling water with a dough scraper.
4. Rinse under cold water and hold until ready to use.
When ready to serve:
2 TB each of the following, jalapeño, red onion, diced carrots and bacon
In a sauté pan, heat a small amount of butter. Sauté diced carrots, red onion diced, jalapeño, and bacon. Once vegetables soften, add spaetzel. Sauté until heated through.
4- ½" slices of pork tenderloin, pounded thin
Seasoned flour, as needed
Egg wash, as needed
Parmesan bread crumbs, recipe follows
1. Season pork on both sides with your favorite meat seasoning
2. Dredge slices of pork in flour, shake off excess. Dip the pork slices one at a time into the egg was and firmly press into parmesan bread crumbs. Set aside until ready to cook.
3. Heat a small amount of olive oil in a pan. Lightly fry pork loin medallions until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
Place medallions on top of spaetzel. Top with coffee jus, crème friache, tomato jam, cilantro leaves and radish.
Parmesan Breadcrumbs: 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 cup coarse breadcrumbs, 2 teaspoons meat seasoning – pulse in food processor until well combined.
Combine 1 quart cherry tomatoes, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 lemon (halved and sliced very thin), 1 ½ cups water, a 1" piece of cinnamon stick, and 2 tablespoons peeled, chopped fresh ginger root. Simmer for 30 minutes until very thick, stirring constantly.