CITRUS MOJO LOBSTER TAIL TACOS
YIELD: 6 TACOS
6 EA 5" EL MILAGRO FLOUR TORTILLAS
3 EA 5-6 OZ COLD-WATER LOBSTER TAIL TACOS
1.5 TBSP UNSALTED BUTTER
6 FL OZ CITRUS MOJO, FROM RECIPE
18 EA FRESNO CHILE RINGS, 1/16"
3 TSP GARLIC, MINCED
3 SLICES BACON, CUT INTO 1/8" BIAS, FRIED
6 TSP RED CHILE REMOULADE, FROM RECIPE
6 TSP GUAJILLO CHILE OIL, FROM RECIPE
6 TBSP AVOCADO-ORANGE SALSA, FROM RECIPE
1. Heat the butter in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat until melted.
2. Add the garlic and fresno chiles and sauté until fragrant.
3. Add the lobster tails and sauté on each side for 30 seconds each side.
4. Add the citrus mojo, reduce heat to medium and cover.
5. Simmer until lobster is just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
1. Heat the tortillas on a griddle or over an open flame until warm and pliable.
2. In each tortilla, spread 1 tsp of the remoulade.
3. Divide the lobster tails in half lengthwise and place one half in each tortilla.
4. Drizzle the lobster with 1 tsp of the guajillo chile oil.
5. Top the lobster with 1 Tbsp of the avocado-orange salsa.
6. Garnish with a generous pinch of the frizzled bacon.
7. Serve Immediately.
Orange Juice, fresh 3 Cups
Grapefruit Juice, fresh 1 Cups
Rice Wine Vinegar 1 Cups
Spice, Cumin, ground 4 Tbsp
Garlic, clove, peeled and minced 1/2 Cups
Salt, Kosher 4 Tbsp
Spice, Black Pepper, coarse ground 1 Tbsp
Extra-Virgin Olive Oil 2 Cups
1. Place first seven ingredients into a blender jar and blend until thouroughly incorporated.
2. Slowly add olive oil to blender while running and blend until smooth.
3. Allow to rest one hour before using.
GUAJILLO CHILE OIL
Guajillo Chiles, stemmed and seeds removed 1.25 OZ
Canola Oil 2.0 Cups
Salt, Kosher 1.0 tsp
Toast chiles over an open flame until uniformly blackened
Place toasted chile, canola oil and salt in a small saucepan and bring to 325 degrees over
Turn off heat and allow chiles to steep in the oil until cooled.
Transfer to a squeeze bottle and store (covered) at room temberature for up to three days.
Avocado, Hass, ripe 6 Ea
Mandarin Oranges, canned, drained, rough chopped 2 Cup
Herb, Cilantro, fresh, chopped 1 Cup
Lime Juice, fresh 1/2 Cup
Tomatoes, Roma, diced 1/4" 12 Ea
Chiles, Jalapeno, minced 2 Ea
Chiles, Serrano, minced 1 Ea
Salt, Kosher 2 Tbsp
Oil, Canola 1/2 Tbsp
1. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Salsa should be chunky.
2. Toss gently with rubber spatula to combine. Do not break down avocado.
3. Place in a non-reactive container.
4. Allow to rest and flavors to meld for at least two hours prior to using.
5. Store covered under refrigeration for up to three days.
Courtesy: www.Fajitarepubliccantina.com Corner of East Beltline and Knapp's Corner