(WZZM, KELSEY TUREK) --
Jab, kick, uppercut, and jump your way to a better body with this at-home kickboxing routine.
Kickboxing is a great way to tone your entire body while burning major calories. You can even add light (1-3lb.) hand weights to sculpt your upper body faster and more even more calories.
Start with 15 punches per arm and 10 kicks and knee repeaters per leg. To make this more difficult, increase your reps or consider adding weights or jumping jacks into the mix for more cardio.
1) Jabs: Start with feet wider than shoulder-width apart, toes turned out, and knees slightly bent in a squat. Make fists with your hands and put them by your chin. Keeping your lower body still, alternate punching forward with your fists, extending the elbow.
2) Crosses: Stay in the Jab position and this time, keeping your legs still, punch across the body toward the opposite corner, twisting your abs.
3) Uppercuts: Stay in Jab-Cross position and this time, keeping your legs still, turn your fists/palms toward your face (by your chin still) and punch up and out, like you're aiming for under someone's chin. Make this harder by aiming your punches for the corner, getting your abs into it.
4) Hooks: Stay in Jab-Cross-Uppercut position and now, swipe your fist in a line in front of your face about eye level, keeping your elbow bent. It's like you're swiping your arm across a shelf to clear it off.
5) Front kicks: Stand with feet hip-width apart, hands up by chin. Lift your right knee up in front of you and extend it out into a front kick. Alternate sides. Make it harder by squatting in between each kick.
6) Side kicks: Stand with feet hip-width apart, hands up by chin. Lift your right knee slightly up to the side and extend it out into a side kick. Alternate sides. Make it harder by squatting in between each kick.
7) Back kicks: Stand with feet hip-width apart, hands up by chin. Hinge forward as you bend and drive your right leg back, pressing through your heel and booty into a back kick. Alternate sides. Make it harder by squatting in between each kick.
8) Knee repeaters:Stand with feet hip-width apart, hands up to your left overhead. Continuously lift your right knee up toward your chest and bring your arms/elbows down to meet your knee. Repeat on the left side after you've completed all of the reps.
For more information on trainer Kelsey, visit her website strengthandsweat.com.