SHARECOMMENTMORE

UPDATE 6:10 p.m. ALLENDALE, Mich. (WZZM) -- An order of mexican food at Los Aztecas turned into a massive grease fire that sent diners anda restaurant worker running.

Employee Carlos Onate said, "Everything started in the kitchen, don't know how it happened, just run to outside, bring people out from the building, and I called 911."

The smoke was so bad the workers next door had trouble breathing.

Ben Miller said, "It was a little bit of a panic the fact that the smoke was filling up our building pretty quickly, had to grab rags, cover our faces, try not to breathe it at all. It was a horrible smell."

Rescue and fire crews lined the street-- stunned by the extent of the fire.

Brian Terpstra from Gergetown Fire Department said, "Wow, it's not like we get this everyday, lot of fire, lot of heavy smoke."

One person suffered from smoke inhalation. No one else was hurt. The building is considered a total loss.

Allendale Fire Chief Keefe, who led the crews on the ground said, "I think they're unfortunate because they didn't have sprinklers in there if they would have could have saved a lot more of the building than we did."

While fans of the restaurant hope they rebuild the restaurant's three employees worry where they'll work tomorrow.

UPDATE 5:40 p.m. (WZZM)-Eastbound M-45, also known as Lake Michigan Drive, has reopened atat 52nd Avenue.

ALLENDALE, Mich. (WZZM)- Several fire crews are battlinga fire at the Los Aztecas in Allendale.

Lake Michigan Drive is blocked near the restaurant at 52nd Avenue and will be closed at Boyne Boulevard.

Coopersville and other fire departments are being called to the scene.

WZZM viewer Lauren McHenry sent the attached photos to pix@wzzm13.com.

We have a crew on the way to the scene and we'll have more information when it becomes available.