ZEELAND, MI (WZZM) - Jennifer, Alana and Madeline meet up withchef Lucas Grill, owner ofPublic Restaurant in Zeeland to discover some delicious recipes to enjoy on Valentine's Day.
White Chocolate & Strawberry Salad
Yield: 4 Servings
White Chocolate-Champagne Vinaigrette
½ Cup White Chocolate, Melted
¼ Champagne or Sparkling Wine
¼ Cup Skim Milk or Heavy Cream
1-2 Tbsp. Champagne Vinegar
- Combine all in a blender and mix until fully emulsified.
- Reserve and chill.
-Baby Red Oak or your Favorite Leafy Greens
-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
-Sliced, Quartered, and Halved Strawberries
-Toasted Pine Nuts
-Fennel Frawns (The Leafy top to a fennel Bulb)
-Shaved White Chocolate
- Lightly toss greens & a few of the pine nuts in large mixing bowl with White Chocolate-Champagne Vinaigrette until well mixed.
- Arrange the greens on the plate with strawberries & sweet potatoes as to compose the salad in a eye-catching fashion
- Garnish with the Fennel Frawns & Shaved White Chocolate.
- For a nice finishing touch, drizzle a bit more Vinaigrette over the finished plate! Bon Appetite!
Public's "Mozzarella Sticks"
Yield: 4 Servings
4 Egg-roll Wrappers
4 Pieces String Cheese
8 VERY thin Halved Slices Beefsteak Tomato
Ranch Dressing (For Dipping the Sticks into)
- Place Egg-roll Wrappers on Counter with a point facing your torso.
- Place String Cheese & Tomato in lower half of the wrapper. Sprinkle a little salt over the cheese.
- Lightly water the edges of the top half of the wrapper and the very bottom corner closed to your torso.
- Roll up the wrapper and tuck in the sides as to make an egg-roll. (Feel free to watch the video clip for a demo of this part of the process.)
- Lightly fry the "Sticks" in Canola or peanut oil at 375° until Golden, Brown, and delicious, or G.B.D as we say in the restaurant business.
Serve with your favorite Ranch dressing! Bon Appetite!