My mother's favorite gifts were always the homemade ones, and they still are.
So this year I am making her Strawberry Jam. And this is not just any ordinary strawberry jam, it is Strawberry Jam with Coconut Rum and Lime Zest.
I love mixing flavors and I have been working on this recipe for several years...it is perfection!!!
Some people love to make jam and some people are intimidated by the prospect. It is easy!!!
You need 2 pots, 8 jars, strawberries, pectin and sugar. (and my extra ingredients)
It will take you less than an hour to make 8 jars of jam.
And what a fun gift!!! Tear off a square piece of fabric, stamp the top with a strawberry stamp and tie it around the jar with twine. Give it to your mom, sisters, neighbors, friends as a show of appreciation. Nothing says love like something homemade.
RECIPE FOUND AT: www.donnasawyerwow.com
Strawberry Jam w/Coconut Rum & Lime Zest
Yield: 3-8oz jars
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 45 min
5 cups cut strawberries
1 box of pectin
4 cups sugar
2 T. Coconut Rum
Zest of 2 Limes
1. Place strawberries and pectin in saucepan
2. Bring to a rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute
3. Add sugar, Lime zest & rum
4. Bring to rolling boil and boil for 1 minute
5. Pour jam into boiled jar
6. Place boiled lid & rim on and twist.
7. Submerge filled jar into boiling water for 5 minutes
8. Remove from water & Let cool on rack