GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) -- The brewers responsible for making Grand Rapids "Beer City, USA" are giving back to the community.
It is called the Urban Forest Project. 17 breweries in the area have partnered with the Friends of Grand Rapids Parks to raise money to plant trees throughout the city.
Each brewery will create a tree themed beer, using ingredients from local trees. The beer will be released August 4 and will be available until it's gone. Some of the tree-themed beers include Pine Tar IPA (made with pine and maple sap) and Linden Tree Flower Pale Ale.
One dollar from the sale of each beer will go toward the Grand Rapids Urban Forest Project.
Participating breweries include:
- Crankers Brewery, 213 South State Street, Big Rapids
- Schmohz Brewing Co., 2600 Patterson Ave SE, Grand Rapids
- Mitten Brewing Co., 527 Leonard St NW, Grand Rapids
- BOB's Brewery, 20 Monroe Ave NW, Grand Rapids
- Jaden James Brewery, 4665 Broadmoor, Grand Rapids
- Founders Brewing Co., 235 Grandville Ave SW, Grand Rapids
- Hopcat, 25 Ionia Ave SW #100, Grand Rapids
- Brewery Vivant, 925 Cherry St SE, Grand Rapids
- Harmony Brewing Co., 1551 Lake Dr. SE, Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Brewing Co., 1 Ionia Ave SW, Grand Rapids
- Rockford Brewing Co., 12 E Bridge St, Rockford
- Perrin Brewing Co., 910 Comstock Park Dr Comstock Park
- White Flame Brewing Co., 5234 36th Ave, Hudsonville
- Pike 51 Brewery, 3768 Chicago Dr, Hudsonville
- Hideout Brewing Co., 3113 Plaza Dr NE, Grand Rapids
- Cellar Brewing Co., 500 E Division St., Sparta
- The People's Cider Co., 600 Maryland Ave NE Grand Rapids