(WZZM)- With fall just around the corner, why not start taking advantage of all the fall vegetable-inspired recipes?
Chef Luke Grill of Zeeland's Publicstopped by the WZZM 13 studio with his caramelized pumpkin ravioli recipe.
- Pumpkin puree
- Brown sugar
- Spices: salt, cinnamon, nutmeg
- Corn starch
- Pasta sheets (store-bought)
- Maple syrup
- Mix pumpkin puree, and brown sugar in pan to caramelize.
- Add salt, brown sugar, and nutmeg topumpkin mix.Transfer to separate bowl,add egg and cornstarch.
- Ideally, you want to let mixture set overnight in refrigerator.
- Use store-bought pasta sheets, cut into squares (size is your preference)
- Fill squares with about 1teaspoon of filling. Keep in mind over-stuffed raviolitends to explode in water.
- Crimp edges with a fork to lock in flavor.
- Place ravioli into boiling water.Freshravioli cooks much faster than store-bought.
- While that is cooking up andin a separatepan,melt butter, sage and maple syrup.
- Add ravioli, allow to sauté for around 2 minutes or until slightly brown.