(WZZM)- Sunday marks the official start of fall, and what better way to welcome a new season than witha delicious (and easy) new recipe?
Kal's Fall Vegetable Pasta:
- 1 lb Italian sausage (browned and drained)
- 1/2 to 1 lb of cooked pasta
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small summer squash
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 1 medium onion
- 1-2cloves freshgarlic (minced) or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- After browning the sausage and draining on paper towels, use the drippings in the pan to sauté the vegetables.
- Wash and cut the vegetables in larger bite-sized pieces and put them into pan. Season them with salt and pepper and sauté until they are just soft. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the pastaand sausage. Taste for seasoning. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Put into a serving bowl and sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve warm or room temperature.