(WZZM) - ArtPrize has officially released the list of this year's top ten finalists in the competition.
The installations now proceed to the second round of voting in the world's largest art competition.
More than 43,000 voters contributed nearly 430,000 votes for artists' installations during the first round of ArtPrize 2013. This is ArtPrize's largest voter base ever.
Finalists include (in alphabetical order):
- Paul Baliker-"Dancing with Mother Nature"- Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum
- Anni Crouter-"Polar Expressed"- Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum
- Jason Gamrath-"Botanical Exotica a Monumental Collection of the Rare and Beautiful- Grand Rapids Art Museum
- Michael Gard-"Taking Flight"- DeVos Place Convention Center
- Benjamin Gazsi- "Earth Giant"- Grand Rapids Public Museum
- Nick Jakubiak- "Tired Pandas"- The B.O.B.
- Ann Loveless-"Sleeping Bear Dunes Lakeshore"- Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum
- Robin Protz-"Myth-or-Logic"- Amway Grand Plaza Hotel
- Andy Sacksteder- "Uplifting"- Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum
- Fraser Smith- "Finding Beauty in Bad Things: Porcelain Vine- DeVos Place Convention Center
Finalist Benjamin Gazsi says, "I'm 24. It's been difficult balancing work and school, but they've been very supportive at my university. "
Fraser Smith is just thrilled to be considered: "I feel like I already won, getting in top ten is just a fantastic thing."
Andy Sacksteder says he hopes to win so he can move into a real studio.
"I actually made this in my garage so for people to actually see your work is really nice,"hesays.
Michael Gard says his friends are saying 'I told you so.'
"I have a bunch of friends who are artists who live here who have been trying to persuade to come do ArtPrize," heexplains.
Paul Baliker says he took a stranger's advice to come to ArtPrize.
"I have a studio in Florida and a Michigander came and said you need to do ArtPrize," he explains.
Annie Crouter says she's still taking it all in.
"It's really overwhelming.I'm drunk on all the kindness, the compliments, the public has been amazing."
Round two ofvoting will close at 11:59 p.m. EDT on Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013. Rather than having unlimited votes, participants are limited to one vote for one of the ten finalists.