SHARECOMMENTMORE

LOWELL, Mich. (WZZM) - Firefighters are warning homeowners to be careful about where they run their generators after a fire in Lowell.

Crews from the Lowell and Cascade fire departments were called to a small generator fire on Snow Avenue this morning. The generator was located in a separate structure a short distance from the house.

The fire was put out quickly and there was no damage to the house, but firefighters say if you are planning to run a generator make sure it is properly ventilated and not in an enclosed space.