Holiday Cheddar Ale Fondue
The Pier Restaurant, Home for the Holidays recipe
• 1 clove of garlic whole
• 2 cups grated Emmentaler cheese
• 2 cups grated Gruyere cheese
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1 1/2 cups champagne
• Crusty sourdough bread cut into cubes
1. Rub the inside of the pot with the garlic clove.
2. Add the champagne and bring it to a simmer.
3. Toss the cheese in the cornstarch.
4. Slowly whisk in the cheese in handful batches till it is a smooth creamy.
5. Dip bread in the creamy bread and enjoy
Event Details: Home for the Holidays / Harbor Springs Downtown Open House - Sat, Dec 7
• One of the most anticipated events of the season
• Fun-filled day of local shopping
• An unforgettable evening of live music, hot and cold refreshments, yummy holiday treats and hors d'oeuvres.
• The Petoskey Steel Drum Band also performs!
• Main Street will be closed to allow the community to stroll from store to store and enjoy a relaxing yet festive evening.
To find out more about the Harbor Springs' Home for the Holidays and the Downtown Open House please visit www.harborspringschamber.com.
For more information on Stafford's Pier Restaurant, visit www.staffords.com/pier