(WZZM) - It's the time of the year for lists -best of, worst of, hottest, most, weirdest, happiest, etc...so, here is the top clicks on WZZM13.com for 2013.
I have a couple of notes to share before I start though:
The exact numbers and rankings on this list are a little fuzzy. The reason is that:
- Weather is always #1, with closings and pictures.
- Some of the stories had multiple updates and I couldn't sort though and count all of them, so there are some guesses.
- I made some adjustments for local stories that went viral...and regional stories that went viral after we posted a wire story. I gave more weight to our local stories.
I'll be posting the Top 15 over the next three days, with some honorable mentions. Here's 11-15.
15. Ice Boulders - Late in February, Leda Olmsted took pictures of some strange boulders of ice at Sleeping Bear Dunes. As far as the eye could see, in a 30 to 40 foot swath, ice boulders the size of bowling balls lined the shore. "It's basically just perfectly round balls of ice scattered as far as the eye can see either way," explains Olmsted. Click here for the story - http://www.wzzm13.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=245219
14. Driver to recover after dramatic crash on I-96. In August, a 17-year-old with her camera phone, took video of a Kentwood man driving his pickup truck in the median of I-96. He was towing a lawnmower and proceeded to take a leap off of an embankment and into a small creek. Police believed the driver had suffered a medical issue. Click here for the story and the still unbelievable video - http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/265463/14/Driver-in-dramatic-I-96-crash-expected-to-make-a-full-recovery
13. Belding boy drowns in Flat River. On Saturday, September 14, Devon Morrison went fishing on the Flat River. He was determined missing that evening and his body was found on that next Monday. Dozens of people helped in the search for the boy who was known to many for his love of fishing along the river. Click here for the story - http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/267948/2/Belding-boy-missing-after-going-fishing
12. White's Bridge destroyed by arson. A covered bridge near Lowell was destroyed in a fire in July. The crime and the resulting efforts to restore the bridge, and also the theft of scrap metal that didn't burn all captured your attention. Those responsible for the arson have still not been captured. Click here for the story - http://lowell.wzzm13.com/news/news/151123-historic-ionia-bridge-destroyed-arson
11. Four Holy Spirit Missionaries killed in Haiti. Back in January, four local missionaries were in Haiti helping with earthquake relief from 2010, when their car lost its breaks on a mountain road. WZZM had followed thechurch's efforts in helping in Haitisince the 2010 earthquake. Click here for the story: http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/238530/2/UPDATE-Victims-identified-in-deadly-Haiti-accident
Top clicks 6-10 will be Wednesday and 1-5 with honorable mentions on Thursday.