BEAT THE FREEZE:
WINTER NATURAL GAS USAGE:
BY THE NUMBERS
• Consumers Energy's residential customers have used 21 percent more natural gas this winter compared to last year (period from November 2013 through February 2014.)
• The typical residential customer has paid 10 percent more for natural gas this winter.
CONSUMERS ENERGY'S NATURAL GAS SYSTEM
• Fourth-largest in the country
• Fifteen underground storage fields
• We buy natural gas in the summer, when it costs less, and pump it underground
• Our supply is reliable. The public can be confident in our supply
HELPING MICHIGAN RESIDENTS
BEAT THE FREEZE
• Our Severe Weather Assistance Team is making an average 5,000 calls to customers on special payment plans who have higher gas use than last year to work with them on their plan balances.
• Customers with questions can call 800-477-5050. We can make payment arrangements.
• Providing tips on how to save at ConsumersEnergy.com/energyanswers.
• By doubling contributions from Consumers Energy employees who raise funds to help pay heating bills through the statewide Walks for Warmth, we have raised more than 275,000 to help heat Michigan homes this winter.
TIPS TO SAVE ENERGY
Dial down the thermostat. Every degree or two can save
· Dial down the thermostat. Every degree or two can save 1 to 3 percent on heating bills.
· Keep drapes closed to retain heat when you aren't enjoying sunlight.
· Make sure your vents are not blocked by furniture.
· Replace furnace filters and conduct annual inspections to
ensure efficient operation.
· Turn on a ceiling fan. Set to "low." It'll push warm air down and make you more comfortable.
Courtesy: Consumers Energy