31 1 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

BYRON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WZZM) -- After an overheated attic fan sparked a minor house fire Tuesday afternoon, multiple fire crews were called back to that home several hours later.

Firefighters from several departments responded to a home on the 4600 block of 76th St. SW, near Kenowa Ave., around 3 p.m. They pulled smoldering insulation out and put out the fire. No one was injured.

Around 10:15 p.m. Tuesday, fire was again reported there. Crews on the scene said flames were visible on the roof.

The owner, who has lived there for 37 years, was not there when fire broke out again.

Crews say the second fire destroyed the roof and second floor of the two-story home. No one was injured.

Investigators are looking into what caused the fire to reignite.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/local/grandville/2014/07/15/overheated-attic-fan/12698209/