10 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

OTTAWA COUNTY, Mich. (WZZM) -- A large barn and shed fire in Ottawa County may have been started by heat lamps.

Ottawa County dispatch says the fire started at 6:45 p.m. in a small shed and quickly moved to a barn near 56th Street North of Lake Michigan Drive.

Property owner Greg Demode says the shed had two goats inside with heat lamps, and the goats may have knocked the lamps over. The animals made it out safely.

Five stations responded to the fire; which burned for about an hour-and-a-half.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wzzm13.com/story/news/local/lakeshore/2014/03/13/barn-fire-ottawa-county/6393661/