To celebrate the start of LaughFest 2018, the community is encouraged to YELLOW UP on March 8, in support of the festival and to raise awareness for “the serious behind the funny”—the free cancer, grief and emotional health support programs offered through Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids.
Sydney Zeien and Doug Bostian from LaughFest stopped by to talk about how people can get involved, as well as give a rundown of some of the fun events planned for the eighth annual festival!
- We want to paint West Michigan yellow on March 8 in celebration of our eighth annual festival and to raise awareness for the free cancer, grief and emotional health support programs offered through Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids.
- Beginning March 8, some of the things you’ll see around Grand Rapids will be yellow LaughFest yard signs and window displays in businesses. Streets and sidewalks will be dotted with the yellow flags, balloons, stickers and buttons, and at night, the city will glow yellow with LaughFest smiles.
- We’re inviting the community to YELLOW UP with us, and there are lots of fun and simple ways to get involved: Paint fingernails yellow, Wear yellow clothes
People can get involved on social media too! Head over to our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and at laughfestgr.org where will be sharing fun YELLOW UP contests and giveaways!
Now, let’s talk about some of the fun events planned for the eighth annual festival!
- Presented by New Holland Brewing Company, this unique race encourages participants to wear their finest (and funniest!) underwear over their running clothes to create a hilarious and one-of-a-kind moment in support of the free cancer, grief and emotional health support programs offered through Gilda’s Club Grand Rapids
- The race begins at 2 p.m. on Sunday, March 11 in downtown Grand Rapids, starting and ending at New Holland’s Knickerbocker (417 Bridge St. NW) Following the race, registered participants will receive an official race t-shirt, a beer ticket and finisher medal. Registration costs $30
Those interested in participating in the FUNderwear Run can sign up online at LaughFestGR.org.
- The Pajama Jam is a fun event for adults ages 21 and up who are kids at heart. The event is this Friday evening (March 9) beginning at 9 p.m. For $5, people can join us at the JW Marriot and channel their inner child. There will be oversized games, obstacle courses, music and more.
KIDS ROCK HIP HOP DANCE PARTY
- The Kids Rock Hip Hop Dance Party is a family friendly event happening this Saturday (March 10) for kids to come dance the day away at The BOB. The dance party will also include some fun activities including graffiti canvases.
- It will be held at two times on Saturday, first at 11 a.m. and again at 2 p.m. Tickets are $7,
The eighth annual LaughFest will run March 8 through 18. A full lineup of events can be found on LaughFestGR.org.
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the WZZM 13 app now.