GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — Nothing says summer like fresh strawberries but before you go reaching for your favorite shortcake or pie recipe why not try something a little spicier.
The Canning Diva Diane Devereaux shared her strawberry jalapeno salsa recipe with us and we're certain you're going to want to take this to your next summer party.
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed
- Finely diced ½ cup red onion
- Finely diced ½ cup finely-chopped fresh cilantro, loosely-packed
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Agave Sweetner or 1 teaspoon Stevia
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Makes approx. 3 ½ cups fresh
If you try this and want to have more on hand for last minute invites click here for the expanded canning recipe so you can enjoy a little bit of summer all year long.
The Canning Diva has a new book "Beginner's Guide to Canning" to make it easy for you and help you savor everything you've been growing during quarantine!
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.