Island Art Fair
● The first Island Art Fair was held in 1974 with 25 vendors. In June of that year, Ledge Craft Lane had opened its doors with a consignment room and five booths upstairs and one large room downstairs, in the back.
● The 25 artists and artisans displayed their work at the Art Fair, held on the Island, as a way of promoting Ledge Craft Lane.The Art Fair was such a hit that it became an annual event. It continued to grow year after year with the number of vendors expanding to more than 130.
● Some island erosion has caused a slight reduction in participants but Ledge Craft Lane continues to host100 plus vendors each year.Vendors at the Island Art Fair come from all over the state for one of the best one-day shows in Michigan.
● As it was for the first Island Art Fair and continues to be, all artists' and artisans' work is approved by a jury. Those interested complete an application and provide pictures of their art or craft as well as a picture showing them create their work.
Walk the Beat
● In Grand Haven, Saturday, August 20, 2016 1PM-5PM
● 35 different local venues throughout the Grand Haven area, hosting 70 musical acts all in one day.
● Best yet over $20,000 in prizes are up for grabs!
● Walk the Beat is a family oriented event designed specifically to connect small businesses in the area with local musicians.
● Each venue will have a combination of a soloist or a duet, and a band, with all musical genres involved.
● Each location will also have two major door prizes displayed (bicycles, keyboards, guitars, etc.), one provided by a location/sponsor and the other provided by Walk The Beat – each valued at over $200!
● The event is free, however, any guest that wishes to financially support the Walk The Beat Foundation may purchase a $10 raffle ticket for a chance to win a door prize! Take advantage of our VIP program, by purchasing 10 tickets or more and automatically be registered for all 70 door prizes!
● Along with registering for prizes, be sure to vote for your favorite band & favorite song! Voting will be completed by text the day of the event, with an area map indicating the locations of each venue/band.
Grill House’s 18th Anniversary
● The Grill House in Allegan is celebrating their 18th years in business with their annual Anniversary Party!
● Enjoy a dining experience unlike any other in the Grill Room. The large, 30 person grill takes center stage while your group cooks up perfect steaks – just the way you like them!
● Start by hand-selecting your favorite steak and then head to the grill. Grill Masters are on hand to offer seasoning suggestions and recommend cooking times for each steak.
● Each steak comes with unlimited potatoes, baked beans, Texas toast, sauteed onions, and salad. We promise you won’t leave hungry!
● Anniversary party: All weekend on August 12th, 13th, & 14th.
● Inflatables, door prizes, games, food & drink specials.
Unity Christian Music Festival
● Family affordable event of the summer. 16th year. Heritage Landing.
● Free day zero event on August 10th. Friday-Saturday main event.
● Artists including Switchfoot, The Newsboys, and Hawk Nelson on the “Country Dairy” main stage.
● Family friendly: Toddler & Children section. Extreme games w/Cran-Hill Ranch.
● Music styles for everyone. Good community, music, food.
● GRandJazzFest is a free, family-friendly, two-day event the third weekend in August (Aug. 20 & 21, 2016)
● In downtown Grand Rapids that brings together international, national and Michigan-local jazz performers and up-and-coming artists with eleven free performances over the weekend.
● Bring folding chairs, blankets and snacks, and get ready to relax for a couple of hours or for the whole weekend!