GRAND RAPIDS, Mich — Ron VanTimmeren from Celebration Cinema gets us ready for a weekend filled with movies!
Here's a look at what's new in theaters:
Opening January 24:
- Rated R
- Duration: 1 hour and 53 minutes
- Genre: Action, Crime
- Director: Guy Ritchie
- Cast: Matthew McConaughey, Colin Farrell, Hugh Grant, Charlie Hunnam, Eddie Marsan, Henry Golding, Michelle Dockery, Jeremy Strong
From writer/director Guy Ritchie comes THE GENTLEMEN, a star-studded sophisticated action comedy. THE GENTLEMEN follows American expat Mickey Pearson (Matthew McConaughey) who built a highly profitable marijuana empire in London. When word gets out that he’s looking to cash out of the business forever it triggers plots, schemes, bribery and blackmail in an attempt to steal his domain out from under him
- Rated PG-13
- Duration: 1 hour and 34 minutes
- Genre: Drama, Thriller
- Director: Floria Sigismondi
- Cast: Mackenzie Davis, Joely Richardson, Finn Wolfhard, Brooklynn Prince
For more than 100 years, a deeply haunting tale has been passed down to terrify audiences. Next January, DreamWorks Pictures’ The Turning takes us to a mysterious estate in the Maine countryside, where newly appointed nanny Kate is charged with the care of two disturbed orphans, Flora and Miles. Quickly though, she discovers that both the children and the house are harboring dark secrets and things may not be as they appear.
The Last Full Measure
- Rated R
- Duration: 1 hour and 55 minutes
- Genre: Action, Drama, War
- Director: Todd Robinson
- Cast: Ed Harris, Christopher Plummer, Sebastian Stan, Jeremy Irvine, Bradley Whitford, Amy Madigan, William Hurt, Peter Fonda, Samuel L. Jackson, Linus Roache, Michael Imperioli, Diane Ladd
THE LAST FULL MEASURE tells the true story of Vietnam War hero William H. Pitsenbarger (Jeremy Irvine), a U.S. Air Force Pararescuemen (also known as a PJ) medic who personally saved over sixty men. During a rescue mission on April 11, 1966, he was offered the chance to escape on the last helicopter out of a combat zone heavily under fire, but he stayed behind to save and defend the lives of his fellow soldiers of the U.S. Army's 1st Infantry Division, before making the ultimate sacrifice in the bloodiest battle of the war. Thirty-two years later, respected Pentagon staffer Scott Huffman (Sebastien Stan) on a career fast-track is tasked with investigating a Congressional Medal of Honor request for Pitsenbarger made by his best friend and PJ partner on the mission (William Hurt) and his parents (Christopher Plummer & Diane Ladd). Huffman seeks out the testimony of Army veterans who witnessed Pitsenbarger’s extraordinary valor, including Takoda (Samuel L. Jackson), Burr (Peter Fonda) and Mott (Ed Harris). But as Huffman learns more about Pitsenbarger’s courageous acts, he uncovers a high-level conspiracy behind the decades-long denial of the medal, prompting him to put his own career on the line to seek justice for the fallen airman.
Opening January 31:
The Rhythm Section
- Rated R
- Duration: 1 hour and 49 minutes
- Genre: Action, Drama, Mystery
- Director: Reed Morano
- Cast: Blake Lively, Jude Law, Max Casella, Sterling K. Brown, Daniel Mays, Richard Brake
Blake Lively stars as Stephanie Patrick, an ordinary woman on a path of self-destruction after her family is tragically killed in a plane crash. When Stephanie discovers that the crash was not an accident, she enters a dark, complex world to seek revenge on those responsible and find her own redemption. Based on the novel by Mark Burnell, from director Reed Morano (“The Handmaid’s Tale”) and the producers of the James Bond film series, The Rhythm Section also stars Jude Law and Sterling K. Brown.
Gretel & Hansel
- Rated PG-13
- Duration: 1 hour and 40 minutes
- Genre: Fantasy, Thriller
- Director: Osgood Perkins
- Cast: Alice Krige, Sophia Lillis, Sammy Leakey, Jessica De Gouw
A long time ago in a distant fairy tale countryside, a young girl leads her little brother into a dark wood in desperate search of food and work, only to stumble upon a nexus of terrifying evil.
For information on tickets and show times, visit https://www.celebrationcinema.com/
More Movie News and Reviews on 13 ON YOUR SIDE:
- Box Office Mom reviews Dolittle
- Oscars 2020: Full List of Nominees
- Box Office Mom reviews newest Kristin Stewart movie 'Underwater'
- Riding Globes, '1917' ends 'Star Wars' box-office reign
- Box Office Buzz: 1917, Like a Boss and more
►Make it easy to keep up to date with more stories like this. Download the 13 ON YOUR SIDE app now.